Leftists, in knee-jerk fashion, will continue to will insist, believe, and repeat that:
--Dick Cheney chose government service just to make billions from his "Big Oil" and Haliburton friends.
--Katrina was Bush's fault and he did nothing to help black people.
--And despite being all-powerful, Bush and Cheney are at the same time stupid and fully under the control of the "religious right".
This is what passes as critical thinking on the left.
Zogby Poll of 512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08. MOE +/- 4.4 points
- 97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates
Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions:
- 57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 chance just by guessing)
- 81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
- 82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
- 88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
- 56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).
- Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes
- Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as having a pregnant teenage daughter
- And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!
- Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.
- Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)
So what we have here in the early stages of the 21st century is not a failure to communicate, but a failure of critical thinking. The vast majority of those who voted for the democrat ticket are little more than 'useful idiots" who easily can be convinced of anything as long as it's slickly packages and repeated to them hundreds of times.
Such people accept "hope" and "change" as a via political platform.
Mix in with this lemming-like support, the left's control of our educational system from grade school through grad school, law schools, publishing, entertainment and print and electronic news media, unions and government and it is easy to conclude that our beloved Nation is doomed.
Not that you need it, but wait-- there's more!
And even the insufferable Alan Colmes on Fox had to grind his molars over this:
ALAN COLMES, CO-HOST: On November 4, documentary filmmaker John Zeigler interviewed a dozen Obama supporters as they left the polls. He asked them simple questions about the campaign and politics in general. Here are some of their responses.
JOHN ZEIGLER, FILMMAKER: Which party currently controls Congress?
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Currently? Like — I don't know, actually.
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The Republicans.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Republicans.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Republicans.
ZEIGLER: Republicans control Congress?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yep.
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Probably Republican because the president's Republican. That's my honest answer.
And this just in:
Months after it's too late, the LA Times reporter Dan Morain is finally suspicious of The One's resume... read on:
30: The approximate number of legal cases Obama was involved in
4: The number of years Obama was a full-time lawyer
70%: The amount of time Obama spent on voting rights, civil rights and employment, generally as a junior associate. (The rest of his time was spent on matters related to real-estate transactions, filing incorporation papers and defending clients against minor lawsuits.)
3,723: The number of billable hours Obama, the much-ballyhooed "Constitutional scholar", accrued while working at Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Gallard. (Junior associates are routinely expected to bill a minimum of 2,000 hours annually.)
The Times' Morain wrote that some of Obama's "big" cases were the case of a shortchanged babysitter, the case of a cold building tenant, and a lawsuit against a corporation that owned low-income housing on behalf of a guy that slipped and fell down.
What's the point? The MSM and politics as we have now, mean very little any more.
Only when people marching in the streets because of food shortages and the inability to pay their utility bills will much of this change.
Once more for the record...
If you can, pay off your house, maintain a reasonable sum of liquid assets (cash, gold, etc), limit spending, and it wouldn't hurt to start stocking some non-perishable foods.
And you already know this... keep your firearms clean and available; buy additional ammunition.
It may well come to pass that you will not be able to rely on any government infrastructure, now with the lemmings in control... for they know not what they do.
- Since Nov. 5 Dow down 850 points.