The total budget proposed by President Clinton between 1996 and 1999 is smaller than the budget deficit that Obama proposes for 2010; and for every dollar of the median US household income ($50,000), the US government plans to spend 68 cents next year ($34,000).
The 2009 U.S. budget deficit—just the deficit, not the budget itself—will be 13% of GDP. In Canada, by contrast, the federal budget deficit is expected to be $13-billion, about 1% of GDP.
Obama's budget (via Michelle Malkin):
- gives a niggardly 2.9 percent pay raise for the military, and just last week Congress voted Foreign Service officers an 18 percent raise.
- contains $1.4 trillion in tax increases – everyone, from small businesses, charities, and seniors to everyone who owns a 401(k) and anyone who flips on a light switch.
- will increase "discretionary spending" by 24 percent this year alone
- After he promised a "tax reduction for 95 percent of Americans" Obama's budget will include a $646 billion energy tax hike on anyone who uses electricity, drives a car, or relies on energy in any way.
- calls for $1.5 trillion in new health care spending, including a 10-year, $634 billion a health care “reserve fund.” There will be a seven-percent annual growth in Medicare and a six-percent growth in Medicaid every years for the next decade.
- will increase the national debt from $8.4 trillion in 2009 to $15.4 trillion in 2019. You wanted hope and change, young voters? You got it... right in the neck.
Larry Kudlow observed Friday that Obama "is declaring war on investors, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, and private-equity and venture-capital funds.
"That is the meaning of his anti-growth tax-hike proposals, which make absolutely no sense at all — either for this recession or from the standpoint of expanding our economy’s long-run potential to grow.
"Study after study over the past several decades has shown how countries that spend more produce less, while nations that tax less produce more. Obama is doing it wrong on both counts."
This is not a matter of Obama getting bad advice or making a grave error.
It is intentional; it's socialism.
He was quoting directly from the heart of Marx's envisioned workers' paradise: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!"
This is not so much an enormous budget increase, as it is an intentional attack on capitalism which seeks to destroy America as we know it.
Additionally, Obama will cut the DoD budget by a full 10-percent which will jeopardize our national security just as Clinton's defense cutbacks did in the 90s which directly contributed to 9/11.
Obama wants to cut the Pentagon’s budget request for fiscal 2010 by more than 10 percent—about $55 billion—according to a senior U.S. defense official.
Last year’s defense budget was $512 billion (only half of His Smugness' stimulus plan).
That's indefensible considering this:
... a new poll indicates large majorities of Muslims around the world support many of al Qaeda's goals, hate the US, are clamoring to replace secular repression with religious repression, are paranoid conspiracy theorists, and have no problem with killing US soldiers.
The good news, of course is that large majorities in Muslim countries reject killing American civilians. But that's about where the good news begins and ends.
The worst news? Muslim support for attacks against American civilians has actually increased over the past two years.
Twenty-four percent of Palestinians want us dead and Obama will give them the cash to kill Israelis and any other Westerners they choose:
"The United States plans to pledge more than $900 million to help rebuild Gaza after Israel's offensive against Hamas and strengthen the Palestinian Authority, a U.S. official said on Monday. The money will be channeled through UN and other bodies and will not be distributed via the militant group Hamas, which rules Gaza, said the official."
Uh-huh, using the UN to hand out the money is an iron-clad way to make certain none of it gets into terrorist hands. The full report is here.
Death from Above
from Zip @ Weaselzippers,